Many believe Botox® will make you look “frozen” or “surprised”, however when injected correctly it will soften and relax your wrinkles giving you a much more rejuvenated appearance, still allowing you to formulate facial expressions. Nobody needs to know how you’ve been aging gracefully; your secret is safe with us. Don’t have wrinkles yet? Botox is also very much a preventive wrinkle treatment.
What is Botox®
Botox® Cosmetic is a purified protein that temporarily inactivates the targeted muscle group that produces wrinkles. It does not freeze your expression; and there is no loss of sensation. What it does do is temporarily prevent the muscle from fully contracting which will prevent wrinkling, and correct any wrinkles already formed. Over time, and without the daily contraction of the muscle, Botox® can reverse wrinkling as the skin relaxes into its previously smooth contours allowing collagen to resurface. Botox® is both FDA and Health Canada approved and has been used medically and cosmetically for over 20 years.
Botox® therapeutic for sweating
Botox® and can be used to treat excessive sweating, not caused by physical activity, on the hands, feet, wrists, back and underarms. It can significantly reduce Hyperhidrosis by blocking the release of substances that overly activate the sweat glands. The reduction in sweating begins to take effect immediately after the treatment, but can take up to14 days for the full effect. The result of this procedure lasts 7 to 9 months.
What is a Botox® cosmetic treatment?
Botox® is a comfortable treatment with no downtime, providing dramatic results. You’ll begin to see noticeable smoothing in 3-6 days and the full effects in about 14 days. Botox® lasts anywhere from three to six months dependant on area and amount injected. Botox can also be used to reduce excessive sweating and migraines.
Botox® can be injected for:
- Correcting asymmetry
- Lift eyebrows
- Hyperhidrosis: Therapeutic Botox for excessive sweating on the underarms, palms and soles of feet
- Nasalis: “Bunny” lines: lines in nose from wrinkling
- Glabella: Frown Lines between the eyes
- Masseter muscles: Lower cheeks can be treated and slimmed down up to 1 inch per side and prevent pain from excessive jaw clenching also known as TMJ
- Mentalis: “Orange peel” chin: Soften the dimpling skin and creases on chin
- Depressor angularis oris: Lower “marionette” lines that causes the “sad” mouth
- Pretarsal muscle: Mini “roll” beneath the lower lash line
- Obicularis Oculi: “Crows feet”
- Obicularis oris : “Smokers” lines
- Gummy smile: Relax the muscle that draws up top lip
- Frontalis: forehead wrinkles caused by over expression
- Platysma: neck bands
- “Necklace lines”